The miracles of Jesus are an integral part of His earthly ministry. The four Gospel writers have recorded for us the ministry of the Lord Jesus, which lasted something more than three years. That period must have been packed full of miracles and miraculous events. When the Apostle John came to the end of his Gospel he wrote, “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.”
We can be certain that the miracles that are recorded were written for our help and guidance and edification and to inspire us to have faith and trust in Him.
One miracle, the feeding of the five thousand, is recorded in all four Gospels. Ten miracles are recorded by three of the Gospel writers, among these are Jesus stilling the storm, healing the leper, casting out the legion of demons, healing the man with the withered hand, healing the man sick of the palsy and giving sight to blind Bartimaeus. Two Gospel writers record four miracles. These are the draft of fishes, healing the Centurion’s servant, healing the demoniac in a synagogue and healing of the daughter of the Syrian Phoenician woman. Twelve recorded miracles are described by one Gospel writer only. This does not mean that these miracles were of lesser known. The reason they are mentioned once must be because each of them were of special importance to the writer as he describes events that took place or the miracle itself must be outstanding in the writer’s mind.
It is planned that the Text and a printed version will be made available later.
- MMO1-The Woman with the Spirit of Infirmity
- MMO2 – Two Blind Men
- MMO3 – The Healing of Ten Lepers
- MMO4 – The Healing of the Blind Man at Bethsaida
- MMO5 – Escaping from an Angry Mob
- MMO6 – Raising the Widow of Nain’s Son
- MMO7 – Water into Wine at Cana in Galilee
- MMO8 – Healing the Royal Official’s Son
- MMO9 – Invalid for 38 Years Healed at Bethesada
- MMOX0 – Jesus Healing a Man Born Blind
- MMOX1 – Raising Lazarus from the Dead
- MMOX2 – Tombs Broken Open and Bodies Raised
- Posts not found